--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
> > <anartaxius@> wrote:
> > (snip)
> > > Crop circles and aliens is difficult to believe for a number
> > > of reasons. Why would an alien civilisation try to make their
> > > presence known in such an ambiguous inept manner? Crop circles
> > > can be made using rope, wooden stakes, and wooden planks. This
> > > has been demonstrated many, many times.
> >
> > I don't believe anybody argues crop circles can't be made
> > by humans, actually.
> >
> > I don't buy the aliens explanation either. But the more you
> > read about crop circles, the less likely it seems that humans
> > could have made *all* of them, given the time constraints and
> > how extraordinarily elaborate many of them are.
>
> Not humans. Not aliens. Hedgehogs?
>
> > I have no explanation, myself. But the rope-and-stakes-and-
> > planks notion doesn't really do the trick.
>
> It's true. Some of them use those plastic garden rollers.

You laugh, but in between the nitwit New Agers and the hard
skeptics is a layer of scientifically minded investigators
who are genuinely puzzled by the weirder aspects of the
phenomenon (and some of them are *very* weird).

And no, plastic garden rollers doesn't do the trick either.
There really is more to it than you think, including
extremely odd effects on the crop plants that aren't found
in circles known to have been human-made.