> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> (snip)
> > It has been more than adequately demonstrated that a bunch of
> > guys with planks can make even the most complicated mathematically
> > designed motiffs in the tiny amount of darkness you get midsummer
> > in England.
>
> Documentation, pleez?

It was an hour long BBC documentary (I've been trying to find it)
I think in the Horizon strand.

Basically, they got in touch with a group of crop circle makers
and asked to film them but doing a design as complex as they can
get and in one summer night. Good enough controls really, if you
want to test whether there is anything men with planks can't do.

So the BBC got a mathematician to design a stupidly difficult
pictogram and off they went with a rope, a few planks and a muted torch and in
a few hours they were done. And it was good, very
convincing. And, as I say, I was amazed that was all the tech they
had!

It seems to me that if they can do it then others can and any
supernatural explanation becomes unnecessary. Unless there is
any truth that circles have been seen appearing in a few minutes,
which I doubt. Or any other radiation type weirdness, but paranormal
events have a sad history of people not knowing what they are
doing with measuring technology and gaining false results, so it's
best left to the experts.

Trouble is, the experts all think that as people can do tough
designs with a plank in a few hours there is no need to drag
expensive sensing gear out to the middle of nowhere to measure
wheat stalks. Hey ho.