--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:
(snip)
> It has been more than adequately demonstrated that a bunch of
> guys with planks can make even the most complicated mathematically
> designed motiffs in the tiny amount of darkness you get midsummer
> in England.

Documentation, pleez?

I ask because I've seen a number of supposed debunkings
along these lines that turn out not to be as solid as
they seem for one reason or another. (And don't forget
about the microwave ovens.)

In my observation (not saying this is always the case),
skeptics tend to be satisfied with debunkings of
paranormal-type claims that are less rigorous than they
would demand of purported proof of the claims. Skepticism
can play the same role belief does in seeing only what
one wants to see.