 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Apostasy, is a terrible thing.
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 7:47 PM

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson
 wrote:

 > I am still feeling tons of palpable energy even as I go
 about my day. Will get back to you on that in a while.

 Interesting. I always wondered
 about that.

 I know that I often felt incredible waves of energy while
 writing many of the stories, but I didn't know whether
 that could "communicate" or come across to someone
 who wasn't there. I've had other Rama students tell
 me that they "felt" something, but they were
 there, and thus could just be having some memory being
 triggered.

 I haven't gone back and read RTM myself in quite some
 time, so it's difficult for me to even remember all that
 I wrote back then. But what I can remember is that the
 "highest" stories from my point of view were
 probably the tsakli stories (by definition some of the
 highest moments of my life) and the two scorpion stories.

 > On Thu, 1/16/14, TurquoiseB turquoiseb@... wrote:
 >
 >  Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Apostasy, is a terrible
 thing.
 >  To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 >  Date: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 7:21 PM
 >
 >  --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson

 >  wrote:
 >  >
 >  > I changed my day so I could delve into what you
 had
 >  written - I have gone through a lot of it and it
 answers
 >  most of my questions. Mainly I wanted to know if you
 thought
 >  Rama was legit in the beginning and if you witnessed
 any of
 >  the power or sidhi demonstrations he did. Obviously
 yes to
 >  both.
 >
 >  If by "legit" you mean
 >  enlightened, I don't know. What I do know is that
 in the
 >  beginning he was a nicer guy and a better teacher, and
 was
 >  obviously going through *something*. What that
 something was
 >  I still don't know; all I know is that it radiated
 so
 >  strongly you could feel it. Meditate with the man and
 there
 >  was no issue of stopping thoughts. You couldn't
 *have*
 >  thoughts. The silence was that profound.
 >
 >  As for the performance of sidhis, yes I witnessed
 them, as
 >  did literally thousands of other people over the
 years, but
 >  again, I can't claim to "know what was
 >  happening." All I can say is that it DID happen
 for me,
 >  subjectively, and that it was kinda neat to see. I was
 never
 >  as wowed out as some people were by the sidhis,
 strangely
 >  enough because I stilled believed in something
 Maharishi had
 >  said earlier (and later changed his mind about), that
 sidhis
 >  did not mean enlightenment, and vice-versa. Apples
 and
 >  oranges. No relation between the two.
 >
 >  Interestingly enough, especially given your next
 comment,
 >  the real phwam! of seeing these things was not so
 much
 >  seeing them but FEELING them. *Whatever* was going on,
 there
 >  was a palpable field of energy that surrounding it
 that just
 >  knocked my socks off.
 >
 >  > I had a hard time reading much of it because I
 began to
 >  feel a great deal of energy as soon as I started
 reading, I
 >  mean LOTS of energy. So I am taking the reading in
 stages.
 >  Read a little. Sweep my floors a little, clean the
 >  bathrooms, come down off the energy a little and read
 >  little more.
 >
 >  Interesting to hear that you
 >  felt something while reading it. I certainly did
 while
 >  writing it.
 >
 >  > Two minor questions I have are:
 >  >
 >  > Did you know this guy? Mark Laxer
 >
 >  Yes. We were friends in the
 >  early days, but he was one of the early defectors, and
 >  just haven't run into him since. I'm sure he
 had
 >  some interesting things to say in his memoir piece
 about
 >  Rama, but I haven't read it.
 >
 >  > Have you ever read his book Take Me for a Ride:
 Coming
 >  of Age in a Destructive Cult Paperback?
 >
 >  No. It's difficult for me to
 >  read other students' books about Rama, because 1)
 >  I'm not really that interested in the guy these
 days,
 >  and 2) what they experienced was what *they*
 experienced. It
 >  may or may not map to my experience, and neither of us
 is
 >  "right" about what we saw and experienced,
 or what
 >  we think of him. We just saw and experienced what we
 >  experienced, that's all.
 >
 >  > If so is it accurate?
 >
 >  Can't help you. As I said, I
 >  haven't read it.
 >
 >  > That's all - back to the energy now and
 thanks for
 >  talking and thanks for writing about Rama and all the
 other
 wrote:
 >  >
 >  >  Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Apostasy, is a
 >  terrible thing.
 >  >  To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 >  >  Date: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 4:02 PM
 >  >

 >  >        Thanks Barry - I am gonna read what you
 have
 >  >  written and if I have any questions after that,
 >  I'll
 >  >  send 'em.
 >  >
 >  >  Got a busy day today, but I intend to start
 reading it
 >  later
 >  >  tonight.
 >  >
 >  >  --------------------------------------------
 >  >
 >  >  On Thu, 1/16/14, TurquoiseB turquoiseb@
 >  >  wrote:
 >  >
 >  >  Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Apostasy, is a
 terrible
 >  thing.
 >  >
 >  >   To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 >  >
 >  >   Date: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 8:21 AM
 >  >
 >  >   --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael
 Jackson

 >  >
 >  >   wrote:
 >  >
 >  >   > I would like to have a conversation with
 you
 >  about
 >  >  your
 >  >   time with Rama if you are willing. I am more
 than
 >  happy to
 >  >   do it privately if you like cause I know some
 on here
 >  are
 >  >   going to revile you no matter what you say. So
 can
 >  we
 >  >  talk?
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >   I don't mind, as long as you
 >  >
 >  >   understand a few things at the outset. First,
 >  rarely
 >  >  even
 >  >
 >  >   think about the dude any more, except when
 something
 >  >
 >  >   triggers a memory, as something you said in one
 of
 >  your
 >  >
 >  >   posts did yesterday. Second, I don't waste
 my
 >  time
 >  >
 >  >   either condemning or defending him -- he was
 what he
 >  was,
 >  >
 >  >   and I don't much care what anyone thinks
 about
 >  him.
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >   Third, however, and as you say, if we do it
 here you
 >  can
 >  >
 >  >   expect a lot of "piling on" from
 stalkers
 >  here.
 >  >
 >  >   They'll do it for various reasons. Some
 will
 >  start
 >  >
 >  >   piling on when they hear tales of thousands of
 his
 >  >  students
 >  >
 >  >   witnessing siddhis they've *still* only
 read
 >  about,
 >  >
 >  >   after 30 years of pursuing them and after
 paying
 >  thousands
 >  >
 >  >   of dollars to supposedly learn them. Some will
 pile
 >  on
 >  >
 >  >   because they don't like me, and they
 mistakenly
 >  >  believe
 >  >
 >  >   that if they diss a former teacher I still have
 some
 >  >
 >  >   positive feelings about, it'll push my hot
 >  buttons the
 >  >
 >  >   same way me saying things about MMY pushes
 theirs,
 >  and
 >  >  thus
 >  >
 >  >   I'll react and get into one of the
 Robin-like
 >  >
 >  >   "confrontations" with them they so
 hope
 >  for.
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >   That's not gonna happen, so we might as
 well do
 >  it
 >  >  here.
 >  >
 >  >   :-) But I'll warn you ahead of time that
 my
 >  attention
 >  >
 >  >   span for "things Rama-related" is
 pretty
 >  damned
 >  >
 >  >   short these days, so if you have questions,
 make the
 >  first
 >  >
 >  >   few "count," because at some point
 I'll
 >  get
 >  >
 >  >   tired of the whole thing and bail. :-)
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >   That said, ask anything you want, and I'll
 do my
 >  best
 >  >
 >  >   answer your questions as honestly as I wrote
 >  "Road
 >  >  Trip
 >  >
 >  >   Mind." That would be a good place to start
 if
 >  you are
 >  >
 >  >   actually curious about the dude. I wrote it to
 get
 >  the
 >  >
 >  >   Rama-monkey off my back, and it worked. I
 don't
 >  >  actually
 >  >
 >  >   have a great deal more to say about the guy
 than I
 http://www.ramalila.net/RoadTripMind/index.html