On 9 Jun 2003 at 14:38, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> Because the system I want to adjust doesn't move in the background *as* I
> enter numbers (it's click, apply, change, apply, change...). There's no
> thumbwheel or similar tool -- say, like Paint Shop Pro uses. In PSP the
> image gradations change in the background as I type values or change the
> thumbwheel, constantly updating the image as the values change.

I have an older version of PSP and it isn't really like that. The
default is that changes don't show in the image until you click
OK/Apply. But there is a checkbox that allows you to have the changes
show up immediately in the image.

That's precisely the way I'd want something like that implemented in
Finale -- default is not to auto-update, but it's easy to turn on the
auto-updating. And the good part of the way it works in PSP is that
if you hit CANCEL, no changes are committed.