(Side note: I am on another list that is having a huge war about Fox's IDOL and whether anyone on it has any musical talent whatsoever. If you haven't watched it, you should watch 1 or 2 episodes. That was all I could take. ;-)

I lost the thread of who wrote this, but I have some inside insight (department of redundancy department), into this. A young baritone I know was a semi - finalist (or something like that in the auditioning process) in this debacle a year or so ago. As he got closer to the point where they'd let him compete on TV, he was challenged with the question, "You have musical training, don't you?" When he answered, "yes", he was summarily rejected.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836