Hello Dejan,

FWIW: I have been using Spacing allotments for years I get better results
with this than using "Scaling Factor." The nice thing about customized
allotments is that you can tweak spacing to your hearts desire. It took me a
while to work through the ideal settings (which I did years ago) but now
that they are setup, they work well. If I ever get into a situation where
the spacing looks a little off I generally go to TGTools>Spacing>Remove
extraneous beat chart elements and do minimal editing. Every page has some
unique characters, like huge difference between ties with or without ledger
lines so there will always be some adjustments. But Finale has matured so
much over the years that spacing has become less of an issue for me than it
used to be with earlier versions.

Would I like to see improvement in spacing? Maybe.
Is it a priority? Not at all.
Do I like Sib. spacing better than Finale's? No way!

Are you taking advantage of Document Options>Accidentals>Adjustment at Start
of Measure (I usually use -14 EVPUs for scores and -8 for parts). Also,
Document Options>Ties>Extra System Start Space. Be sure to make adjustments
to Min. Measure and Max. Measure Widths.

Spacing is a hard thing to discuss. It comes with experience and
understanding of the extra tools available. Did you know that some scores
can look just fine by using Time Signature spacing with all of the measures
staying at the same width? It really depends on your project and what type
of spacing needs to be applied. Spacing Octavos vs. spacing Concert Band
music are very different. I am thankful that at least within Finale we have
options...not so in Sib. I am leery when I hear people asking MM to "try to
fix" this issue, because spacing is so personal. What could be fixed for
your issues could make my workflow a disaster. Personally I believe there
are different spacing concerns with every piece and that Finale does a good
job getting the initial spacing setup to start engraving.

If there are any improvements: I would like to have 2 choices for "Min.
Distance Between Notes with Ties"
1. Notes with ledger lines
2. Notes without ledger lines

I can understand your frustration but with a little extra work you can get
the spacing options you prefer. Instead of taking 2 days to work on this
issue with MM...take those same days and try creating your own spacing
allotments. You might be surprised how well it can work for you.

My 2 cents (ducking from the flames).
Steve