On Sep 8, 2006, at 2:09 AM, dhbailey wrote:

Chuck Israels wrote:
Can anyone help with this?
I have figured out a great deal of the operation of the linked parts but haven't deciphered this one: I have added title pages (2) to the score only - that works fine, but now I'd like the main title text block to show up only on the title page of the score, but remain where it is in the parts (on p. 1 of the part, which now looks like p.3 of the score). If I move it, even if I unlink it, it disappears in the parts. How does one manage this? If I duplicate the title for the title page and leave the original one it where it is on (what is now) p.3 of the score, the p.3 title is too big for the score (but correct for the parts, which is why I made it that size in the first place). Sorry, if I'm being a little too detailed in the description of this, but I want to make my thinking, and my problem, clear. (Maybe my thinking, or lack thereof is my problem!)

Hi David,

I have done most of this successfully.

Enter the Title block in two places -- the one where you want it to show in the Score, and the other where you want it to show in the Parts, complete with the different font sizes/styles, etc.

This part is done.

Then you set the one you want only in the Score so that it won't print in the parts (you need to to this I think for each part)

This part is easy - since the extra pages inserted before what was p. 1 in the score don't show up in the parts, and that's where the score title is.

and then set the other one so that it won't print in the Score.

Well, this is the tricky part. When you delete the title in the score (I mean the one that is now on p. 3 and is linked to the parts, the one that appears on p. 1 of the parts - where it needs to be), it disappears from the parts. Of course, it can be copied to the clipboard and replaced in each part individually, but I can't figure out how to do it once and have it appear in all parts without also appearing in the score where I don't want it. If you can see anything I'm overlooking, please let me know. It is all too easy to overlook things when working in unfamiliar systems, and it does seem to me that this is something that MM people have probably thought of and included in the linked parts. I think I just haven't figured it out, and now it's almost 3 AM, and I have no idea why I am still up.

Thanks,

Chuck

--
David H. Bailey