dc wrote:

I have not had the same problems with spacing as your images had shown, so I am trying to narrow down the possible problems. It seems that something in your preferences may be affecting the Music Spacing results. Let us try clearing your Finale preferences: [suggestions follow to delete finale.ini and finalmid.ini]

The problem is only in ONE file, which they have received 11 days ago, along with a screen shot. So how can anyone possibly think that this has to do with my preferences?

No, this is nonsense. AFAIK, the INI files contains nothing that would affect the rendering of your docs appart from the path to the Font Annotation folder. Also, the tech support should know that the file for MIDI setup is called FINMIDI.INI.

I've been using Finale for some 15 years now, and I find that tech support hasn't really improved...

Very few tech supports have improved during the last 15 years. Virtually all commercial software today rely on user-to-user communities (forums, lists, wikis, etc) for things that was support issues back then.

Feel free to send the file my way, and I'll try to take a look.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson