Fisher, Allen wrote:
Eric--

I'd really like to know who told you that we were dropping Speedy. This FUD has
been spread on the public forum as well.

I can guess how the rumor got started -- in the promo material for Fin2009 on the web-site, on the page dealing with Note Entry, there is a tab for Simple Entry, for Hyperscribe, for MicNotator and for Scanning. No mention of Speedy Entry at all. And since you're making such a big deal of all those methods which have been part of Finale for many versions and you make *no* mention of Speedy Entry at all on the page about note entry, it's an easy assumption that you've decided to drop Speedy Entry. I'm sure there are many more people who use Speedy Entry than use MicNotator, yet you make a big deal of MicNotator and fail to mention Speedy Entry at all. For people already spooked by the major tool realignment from Finale2008 and who have read the comments about how Speedy Entry will eventually be done away with when its functionality is moved over to Speedy Entry, this failure to mention Speedy Entry is significant.

Blame your publicity department for failing to mention what for many of us is the major or only method of note entry.

--
David H. Bailey