At 12:27 PM 8/1/2008, Robert Patterson wrote:
>On the contrary. They don't object to it. That's hardly the same
>thing. Show me one user who prefers it.

I have to agree with Robert's distinction here. In addition, their lack of objection seems to be based on the fact that these are users who had been using staff lists as a substitute for the not-yet-available drag-apply for expressions. Now that they have drag-apply, they're happy. But as has been pointed out here, there are legitimate uses for staff lists for which drag-apply is *not* an acceptable substitute.

Personally, I don't really have a dog in this race. I only ever used staff lists for things like tempo markings and rehearsal marks, and so the new paradigm works for me just fine.

However, I agree very strongly with the sentiment expressed, that reducing functionality in a program like this is a bad thing, full stop. Seeing how this was done makes me worry about how Speedy Entry will ultimately be handled, which *is* something that concerns me greatly.

Aaron.