At 8:54 AM -0400 8/2/08, dhbailey wrote:

But why is this issue being raised now, when these same major publishers have been using Finale for many years? Why wasn't the staff-list limit lowered to 4 many years ago? That's the part that baffles me -- did these publishers simply wake up and say "Oh, my goodness, you know we've been crippled by all these staff lists for all these years and didn't even know it?"

Ummm, did I miss something in all these identically-named posts, or am I correct in saying that NO PUBLISHER HAS ACTUALLY SAID THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR THEM?!!! I thought someone just brought the possibility up out of thin air as an apologia for MakeMusic's unannounced, unexplained, and obviously unwanted arbitrary change. If I missed it, which publisher is it that made that statement?

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.