When you think about all the hoops you have to jump thru with measure numbers, cues, clef changes, etc, does anyone really believe it is quicker to do all that than make the occasional revision twice in two different files?

The I way work it isn't even close. Two files is far less work and more reliable. Especially given that any major revisions still require page layout rework in each part, no matter if the parts share the same file as the score or have their own.

And this not to mention all the critical features that cannot be different in score and part that yet must be: special tool adjustments and hairpin widths are the two most obvious.

Johannes Gebauer wrote:

but for the publication stage I always have two files.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com