Quoting Philip Covington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on Tue 20 Nov 2007
08:42:01 AM PST:

> On Nov 20, 2007 11:27 AM, Jim Lux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
>> A better statement is that PowerSDR's general design is compatible
>> only with Flex-Radio style hardware architectures, and it only
>> includes hardware drivers for the SDR1000, Flex5000, and SoftRock. (or
>> radios with essentially identical interfaces).
>>
>> jim, w6rmk
>
> I use PowerSDR with the QS1R receiver board.  The QS1R does not appear
> as a sound card to the PC.   I have to add four lines of code and
> recompile PowerSDR to make it work with QS1R:
>
> InitQS1R();
> ExitQS1R();
> SetFrequency(float value);
> GetBlock(float * real, float * imag, int length);
>
> A class named qs1r.cs implements these functions by calling into a C
> dll that talks to libUSB.
>
> So PowerSDR is pretty versatile and adaptable...

This is interesting..
How do you integrate that into the UI?  Seems that there would be a
fair number of places in console that need tinkering with to make it
work.  Maybe not?  I've been following the logic to control SDR1Ks and
F5Ks, and there's a fair amount of back and forth between console and
the device layers to configure them, make sure the firmware is loaded,
etc.  I haven't looked at it in the context of "if I had a minimalist
abstract radio, how would i hook it in".

Jim, W6RMK