At 01:20 PM 11/20/2007, you wrote:
>SDR defined and explained
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software-defined_radio
>

>John P. Basilotto
>W5GI
>Chief Operating Officer
>Marketing and Sales
>Office  512 535-5266
>FAX    512 233-5143
>www.flex-radio.com

You are quoting a definition that is subject to change at any minute,
nice try but that is hardly proof one way or the other.

I have an account there, I could go in there and change it, so could
anyone else. It even mentions that there are no references to
authorities to insure correctness.

I'm even willing to bend the meaning of the words to accept Flash or
EEProm memory, but unless it's changeable by the user, how is it any
different from hardware that must be sent back to the factory for changes.

Cecil
K5NWA
www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com