David Megginson writes:

> Please remember that FlightGear is not just a
> visualizer for batch-mode aero runs -- people use it to fly
> interactively.

NIT:  Please remember what it says on our Home Page

"""The FlightGear project is working to create a sophisticated flight
simulator framework for the development and pursuit of interesting flight
simulator ideas. We are developing a solid, basic sim that can be expanded
and improved upon by anyone interested in contributing. """

OOPS --  I see that this has changed too.

"""The goal of the FlightGear project is to create a sophisticated flight
simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, for the
development and pursuit of other interesting flight simulation ideas, and as
an end-user application. We are developing a sophisticated, open simulation
framework that can be expanded and improved upon by anyone interested in
contributing. """

Can't find the CVS log entry but it is relatively recent
http://web.archive.org/web/20020124173417/http://www.flightgear.org/

Hmm...

Norman