Norman Vine writes:

 > > Please remember that FlightGear is not just a
 > > visualizer for batch-mode aero runs -- people use it to fly
 > > interactively.
 >
 > NIT:  Please remember what it says on our Home Page
 >
 > """The FlightGear project is working to create a sophisticated flight
 > simulator framework for the development and pursuit of interesting flight
 > simulator ideas. We are developing a solid, basic sim that can be expanded
 > and improved upon by anyone interested in contributing. """
 >
 > OOPS --  I see that this has changed too.
 >
 > """The goal of the FlightGear project is to create a sophisticated flight
 > simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, for the
 > development and pursuit of other interesting flight simulation ideas, and as
 > an end-user application. We are developing a sophisticated, open simulation
 > framework that can be expanded and improved upon by anyone interested in
 > contributing. """

I'm not sure I follow: we're using a common mechanism to pass user
requests for initial fuel level to all FDMs, just as we use a common
mechanism to pass user requests for aileron deflection to all FDMs.
We did this a long time ago, before there even was a YASim (for
example).

It's also worth noting that we are (very slowly) spinning off the
framework part into SimGear, so that FlightGear will eventually be the
a specific flight simulator built on top of the framework rather than
the framework itself.  When the original mission statement was
written, there was no separate SimGear.

All the best,

David

--