LeeE wrote:

> On Saturday 25 October 2008, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > After a lot of effort, and help from Tim, I've finally got some
> > 3D shader-based clouds that work acceptably:
> >
> > http://www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/clouds.jpg
> >
> > A patch is available from here:
> > http:/www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/clouds.tar.gz
> >
> > I've put quite a bit of effort into making the clouds as
> > configurable as possible. The cloudlayers.xml file should allow
> > any cloud-artists to create much prettier clouds than I have
> > managed.
> >
> > There are quite a few bugs to be ironed out:-
> > 3) The alpha-blending isn't working properly
>
> This looks like a z-ordering issue.  Is z-ordering used in the cloud
> routines?

It is, but I'm not sure it is working on the level of individual sprites. The
clouds are in the correct rendering bin (I think), but because of the use
of shaders we currently just render them in an arbitary order within each
cloud.

I wonder if the problem is the CouldShaderGeometry::drawImplementation().
Does that seem likely?

-Stuart