On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 07:57 +0000, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> George wrote:
>
> > 1. I started FG with --enable-real-weather-fetch, then 2. enabled
> > 3-D-clouds in the "Rendering Options" submenu - and did not see anything
> > like you.

I could never see the clouds with --enable-real-weather-fetch set

> > Until I  3. enabled "Environment => Weather scenerio" from "none" to
> > "METAR".  Does also work if I enable "Thunderstorm" or "fair weather".
> >
> > As I don't know how Stuart intended it to work I only know that step 3
> > is absolute necessary.

Once I perform step 3 (without --enable-real-weather-fetch set) I see an
extreme drop in frame rate, from around 70 fps to  under 20 fps.

Also, I started at KSFO and flew the UFO to Ogden, UT.  (Lat 41.1, Long
-111.1) somewhere along the trip, the 3d clouds disappeared, although
frame rates stayed very low.

Thanks,

Ron

P.S., Debian linux, GeForce 8500 GT, nvidia driver 173.14.05, AMD
Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+.