I haven't applied the patch yet, so I can't give full specs.  With CVS
as of a few days ago, I did notice that OSG attributed almost double
the 'update' time with 3D clouds on.

I assume that Tim can comment on what The 'update' time is.  I assume
this means that (at least prior to your patch) the 3D clouds is
current CPU limited.

I can't comment on the 'draw' time difference, although it does appear
that there are now extra 'cameras' in the last few weeks.  On my
multi-GPU system I used to have num-displays+1, now I seem to have
num-displays*2.  Is this expected?  For multi-display, this would have
an impac on framerate (particular with the serialized mode that is
default.  I'll discuss more fully in a different email - I just wanted
to touch this here in case it is clouds related.

Regards... Matthew

Sent from my mobile device