Emilian

> On Thursday 31 March 2011 12:03:50 Vivian Meazza wrote:
>

> > > Happens here if I disable and then reenable the shaders with the view-
> >
> > > rendering options.
> >
> > What happens?
>
> The render bin error.
> >
> > > Also most of the "no image file, .." errors go away if I specify paths
> > > them
> > > in the effect that inherits the one from Effects/reflect*
> > > (inheritance problem ?).
> >
> > No, it's not inheritance problems. It's people using unchanged copies of
> > code which is meant to be an example. But I think I can fix it. In any
> > case, the warnings shouldn't affect the functioning of the shader.
> >
> > Vivian
> >

> Ok.. so the reflect.eff in $FG_ROOT/Effects is only meant as an example ?
> It should say so. Instead it says it can be inherited.

That's not what I meant. It was the use of
Aircraft/737-300/Models/Effects/733LH.ReflectionMap3 when it is not
appropriate. Reflect.eff can and should be inherited.

> Nevermind that, if I inherit it in an .eff, shouldn't the unchanged
> elements be
> passed to the other .eff ?

Yes, and as AFAIKS that works correctly.

I have amended data/Effects/reflect.eff so that it uses a generic example
reflect map, which needs replacing for individual aircraft.

There is one remaining error message which can be generated:

"failed to load effect texture file D:/path/to/your/data/"

This slightly misleading error message is generated when the object that has
the reflection effect applied has no base texture. The effect still works as
expected though. The fix is obviously to apply a base texture.

Vivian