> ..yes, but we also need some patience with non-native English
> writers who _should_ include their French etc original so we
> don't get people wound up on questionable translations of things
> that may warrant discussion

For the record, there is a repeating pattern here on and off  list and I don't
think I'm overreacting. I don't think "you are ignoring the flightgear users
community interest", "features should be compatible each other, and not
breaking each other" or "You call it Atmospheric Light Scattering, you could
call it Renk ALS" are particularly prone to mistranslation or are intended to
mean something else.

I'm not wound up about wording here. I'm wound up about

1) Repeated insinuations that I would 'break' things. Somehow, nobody can seem
to come up with an example of what I have actually broken. So I think I'm not
out of line in asking that people either say what they think I broke (and give
me a chance to fix it) or shut up.

2) A complete lack of explanation why simply not switching on a completely
optional framework which they don't like is not an acceptable solution to some
people.

3) The inherent double standard in arguments that if other people do the same
thing it's completely okay, but if I do it it's very bad.

Could somebody who disagrees with me just spell out what I'm supposedly doing
wrong, what I should rather be doing and explain to me why? Rather than
insinuating, making vague statements, expressing unspecified concerns, hinting
at some unspecified group which would be of the same opinion but never
committing to any statement which can actually be investigated? Because I'd
really really like to see that case reasoned.

Thanks,

* Thorsten