On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Vivian Meazza wrote:
>> Right now FG seems like a mess with lots of things which "used to work
>> (tm)":
>>
>>         Screenshot directory entry in the gui  doesn't work
>>
>>         Ditto Terrasync directory
>>
>>         Tree textures are misaligned (here anyway)
>>
>>         Manual Weather Input.
>>
>>         Effects as above.
>>
>> I know that this isn't all  to do with you -
>
> Well, two of these at least are within my bailiwick (tree textures and manual
> weather input).  Manual weather input is on my TODO list, and I'll address the
> tree texture issue in the other thread.

I've just pushed a fix for the weather issue.  I found two bugs in it
which I've fixed,
but there may be more as it's quite a complex dialog.  FYI I'm also
planning to move
some of the buttons around a bit.  I think the changes you (vivian) made are
an improvement in terms of making the configuration options more understandable,
but I can improve the layout slightly I think.

AFAICT the screenshot directory entry in the GUI does work.  At least on my
system I can change the screenshot directory via the GUI and record screenshots
to the new directory.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM, James Turner wrote:
> I suspect both of these are my 'fault', but equally I was only made aware of
> the TerraSync one a few weeks ago, and the screenshot one, this is the first
> I've heard of it.

Well, the Terrasync was caused by adding an additional <nasal><open> block
at the top of the file, so the one at the bottom was ignored :)

<snip>
> In the particular case of the Terrasync path I am especially confused
> because it's not possible to change the terrasync path once fgfs is running,
> as never has been as far as I know; since we can't adjust scenery paths with
> restarting the sim. So, to re-iterate, the defect really needs to explain
> what the intended use-case was here, since I am clueless.

I've restored the previous behaviour which did allow one to set the directory.

However, on testing, you are absolutely correct - changing has no effect within
the current session.  I'll add a warning message to that effect to the
dialog.  I think
it's still useful to be able to set the directory within the sim, even
if you have to
restart.

I think I must have added this function under the mistaken impression that it
had some effect.  Whoops!

-Stuart