Hi Dirk,

Thanks you for your feedback ! I will try to bring you some answer.

- bandwith:
Indeed IAXClient has a function called void iaxc_set_silence_threshold(float
thr); unfortunately, looking at source code this function does exactly the same
as we are doing in FGCom source code : set input_volume to 0. So silent still
sent over network.

- share bandwith with other servers:
Your solution seems to be not the better choice, what happens if someone fly
during a long distance which require to disconnect from the current server then
reconnect to the new one ?
I think a better solution would be to investigate into IAX trunk, but it looks
like we need to replace meet_me by confbridge... It require some skills that I
haven't for now, if you want to investigate into this you are welcome ;)

- Dialbook get number:
This is already done in the new integrated FGCom

- As main problem I see in the ranges of frequencies:
In the new integrated FGCom ranges is dynamically calculated depending of the
altitude of the pilot/ATC in accordance to this formula :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocommunication_a%C3%A9ronautique#Port.C3.A9e_et_propagation
 (sorry only french page has the formula)

Today I asked James to merge my clone into next branch, so this feature will be
soon available.

Regards,
Clément