Hi,

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 8:57 AM, dos386 <dos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Heh, you have a habit of renaming things, making them unrecognizable.
>> Anyways, here you're referring to Steve Kirkendall's public domain
>> untar.c, which is indeed good.
>
> The name "untar.c" is very BAD ... it neglects the internal piping :-\

Not sure what "internal piping" means here. You mean because it also
supports Gzip?

>> > ### 7ZDECWAT (from major versions 4.65 or 9.20 please)
>> https://sites.google.com/site/rugxulo/7zdec912.zip?attredirects=0
>
> 9.12 was buggy and beta ...

I'm pretty sure I vaguely checked, and 7zdecode itself didn't change
much (if at all) from 9.12 to 9.20, but I could be wrong. It's not the
same as 7-Zip proper since it only decodes.

>> I personally think we must include CWSDPMI r7
>
> why ?

Because most things (FPC, GCC, GPC, FBC) assume it as default. Hence
they haven't been tested with others as much.

>> know you disagree for some obscure reason
>
> swapping ? tools ? license ?

1). You can permanently disable swapping if desired or just use the
ring-0 version.
2). What tools? You mean to rebuild? From experience it seems nobody
"needs" to rebuild it anyways.
3). License is slightly relaxed GPL v2 (only), which should be good
enough for anyone.

I have no objections to including others too (e.g. HDPMI32), but IMHO
it would be smart to (at minimum) include CWSDPMI r7.

>> While I don't really "disagree" (from a pragmatic view), that will
>> clearly __never__ happen.
>
> What ? Un-UPX'ing ? Adding MU ? Why ???

I don't want to get into a license war here, but that's the only real reason.

>> > where to download (binary-source+dox) ? Also TAR.BZ2 in ONE pass ?
>> Yes, I think DJTAR does indeed do it all in one pass (in memory). It's
>> in DJLSR204.ZIP (.bz2 support too).
>
> COOL ... but where is it ???

It's in there:

http://djgpp.cybermirror.org/beta/v2/djlsr204.zip

/src/utils/djtar/*

>> Well, yes, that's a flaw when you say "fbmd5 *.exe", and it overwrites
>> your second .EXE!! OOPS!
>
> This sucks :-(

It can be fixed, it should be a very very easy patch. I just don't
know off-hand, haven't bothered investigating. It's just disabling the
default DJGPP globbing.

>> > HEH ??? It has DOS and Win32 binaries too ...
>> No it doesn't, not the one you linked to above. I double-checked.
>
> They are still in ... what archive listing do you see ???
> http://jafile.com/uploads/dos386/fbmd5.zip

Okay, it's there now, but I promise (!) it wasn't there the last time
I downloaded it (who knows why).