Interesting discution going on here. Feeling like one of the 99% on some levels.
Rich Muray's proposed list on some levels makes sense.
Higher min wage for example how are you suposed to actually live on
$9.00 an hour?
even full time that's only 360 a week (before tax). Ouch.
Another one that stuck out was free health care- could work. Depending
on how it's implimented.
The general idea of more stuff taken for baseline for more (or all )
citizens and increasing the quality of life would seem to provide some
net benifits.
I think Nick asked how it gets funded wich might realy be asking: as
humans are we willing to pool together a pot of money to increase the
quality of life for all?
Just as a here in the comunity example:
I'm going to school to (theoreticly) increase my odds of being a
productive citizen by X%. Should one of the applications and varius
forms of asistance pan out I have a net X% extra chance of employment
at the end of the week I'd rather my hard earned money going to a pot
of money that helps raise quality of life for my self and others by
X%. Theoreticly humans are programed to work together twards a better
good. At some point of year N things get jaded or complicated and as
Agents we loose sight that a healthy comunity of N people(or agents)
makes for a stronger whole.
Wouldn't it therefore be better to invest y sources of rescources
twards things that achieve that goal?
just my as a 0.2c as a agent among many.
.