Tory and Glen,

Meaty.  Thanks.  The Buddhist part of me gets you, Glen.  So when I meet in
Jordan this summer with our group of grass-roots Palestinian activists (all
women in their 20s) I shall facilitate only ACTION, and no--or very
little--interactive dialogue.  And although I no longer believe in any
"forward" motion involving nonlinear social dynamics, I can assure you that I
have a PERCEPTION that the motion/movement in regard to Middle East peace
building is distinctly backwards.

Do you guys believe the metaphor of the Edge of Chaos is applicable here for
promoting hope?  I use it to say with a perfectly straight face:  this is when
change is most likely to happen.