Enough already!  This is beginning to sound like Facebook.

Frank, I drink tea.  As promised, you buy.

Merle

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Victoria Hughes
<victo...@toryhughes.com> wrote:
> Jeees Louise.
> … I've been trying so hard to curb my addiction to taking time to respond to
> the continuously intriguing things that show up at the Friam…. but I must
> say, Doug, that the phrase "violently disinterested" is a classic, even for
> you.
> And as long as I'm at it, Sas, I laughed out loud at your various
> descriptions of the Vilmains, from your KaliLoki wife on along….
> Thanks you all-
> Tory
>
> On Mar 26, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Douglas Roberts <d...@parrot-farm.net> wrote:
>
> This list constantly reminds me that we are all, thankfully, different.
> Offhand, I can not think of a topic that I would be more violently
> disinterested in than the "philosophy of causation".  Unless maybe it would
> be "the philosophy of complexity", or perhaps "the philosophy of agent-based
> model design".
>
> But I acknowledge that a not small fraction of you eat this stuff up, so
> please: have at it!
>
> --Doug
>

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Frank Wimberly <wimber...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Nick,
>>

>> Here is the complete citation:
>>

>> Glymour, C., and Wimberly, F.
>>
>>       Actual Causes and Thought Experiments,
>>
>>       in Joseph Keim Campbell, Michael O'Rourke, Harry S. Silverstein
>> (eds.),
>>
>>       Causation and Explanation:  Topics in Contemporary Philosopy, MIT
>> Press, Cambridge, July 2007.
>>

>> I’ll buy a cup of coffee for anyone who reads the whole paper.  The book
>> contains a number of papers by luminaries in the area of philosophy of
>> causation including Patrick Suppes, Nancy Cartwright, Christopher Hitchcock,
>> etc.  I was surprised to find that it’s available on Google books:
>> http://tinyurl.com/d9l44jh
>>

>> Frank
>>

>> Frank C. Wimberly
>>
>> 140 Calle Ojo Feliz
>>
>> Santa Fe, NM 87505
>>

>> wimber...@gmail.com     wimbe...@cal.berkeley.edu
>>
>> Phone:  (505) 995-8715      Cell:  (505) 670-9918

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
me...@emergentdiplomacy.org
mobile:  (303) 859-5609
skype:  merlelefkoff