I must have missed the message where you talked about the 3-tuple and don't
understand what you mean that a sign is one of 3 objects in a 3-tuple and
why it matters. Nick talked about a sign; I was distinguishing a sign from
its referent -- which you do too. I also said the reference is often a
mental construct. I'm not sure how your comment relates to that framework.