From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> on behalf of Owen Densmore
<o...@backspaces.net>
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2016 10:04:28 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Trump Is Just A Normal Polling Error Behind Clinton |
FiveThirtyEight

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Prof David West
<profw...@fastmail.fm<mailto:profw...@fastmail.fm>> wrote:
If Trump were to win this election, the number one reason is the insistence of
democrats and liberals to demonize and marginalize the populace supporting
Trump.

If the only people that support him are "angry" racist" "xenophobic"
"out-of-work-white-men" "could-not-graduate-from-college-because-of-low-IQ"
etc. etc. he could not possibly command more than 10% of the vote.

Trump is a terrible person - but NOT atypical of the population in general.
Projecting his worst qualities onto the masses that support him is a huge,
hopefully fatal, strategic mistake on the part of the Clinton campaign. But it
would be simply a continuation of a fifty year trend: a small elite that firmly
believe they are the only ones capable of and deserving of running the
government and that anyone that opposes them is ignorant and dangerous.

davew

Thank God some of us are taking seriously the "But Why?" question re: Trump's
popularity. Thank you!

We simply must take seriously the fact that nearly half of the US is going to
vote for Trump, and ask yourself "Why?".

   -- Owen