<<I have the same existential reaction to robots brewing coffee as I do Trump
being elected.  It's not dread, at all.  It's exciting.  I can't empathize with
Trump voters any more than I can empathize with vandals, MMA fighters, or the
drug addicts I sporadically bump into on city streets.  But I do get excited...
danger is good ... and not roller coaster "danger"... _real_ danger.  It's good
for the soul to find yourself in a dangerous situation and search for ways out
of it.>>

I know what you mean, but I don't expect to experience it as personal danger,
at least right away.   With some code switching, the new danger in the world
could even benefit me.  (`Benefit' defined in a banal survivalist sort of way.)
   The point is that at some point there is nothing worth building or
protecting any more -- it just becomes a bunch of feral creatures to be ranked
by how hard they might bite.   Maybe I'll get the luxury of biting back from
time to time, especially if it is an orange-haired Godzilla type creature that
rubs me the wrong way.   But really, why bother?

Marcus