Ed wrote:
And yes, Snobolen also demonstrated that you can't put the small
business mind in charge of major social programs and expect good
results.

Hi Ed,
I began teaching in 1972. In 1989 I was seconded from my school board to
teach full time at Queen's University, Faculty of Education. Due to
budget cuts in 1991, the faculty could only afford me half time so I
taught in a local high school each morning and at the faculty each
afternoon from 1991 to 1999. I was in an Ontario school for the first
four years of the neo-con regime.(1995-1999).I experienced  first hand(
just like your first hand experience in northern native communities-
['first hand' is a helluva lot more informative than reading about it in
the Financial Times, agree?] It affects(sic) you more, like it did
Father Jim who I wrote about recently re the Innu- )THE CRISIS BEING
CREATED AND IMPLEMENTED
Now back to your quote at the top of this post. Snobelen and his
successors as Ministers of Education are only the pawns. And the agenda
of the brains behind these pawns is not about small business . Margaret
Thatcher's agenda represented the "Cancer Stage of Capitalism". Bush et
al continue her work. Who is Mike Harris now working for? The Frasier
Institute  as a Senior Fellow! By chance I happen to have a copy of the
institute's five year plan for 1998 - 2002. When I can find some time
I'll share the 'hi'-lites with you and the list.

Take care,
Brian