Harry Pollard wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Obviously, you must be a rock-ribbed conservative, scared of bringing
> people together, and anxious to place barriers in the way of people earning
> a living.
>
> Had you been a liberal, you would want to open your arms to cooperation
> with people of other countries - eager to extend the benefits of trade to
> all people, no matter their racial, religious, or cultural differences.
>
> However, you made your point with your usual incisive and pertinent
> observations expressed with the style and command of language we have come
> to expect.
>
> Let me repeat it.
>
> "Your buddy George W is steamrolling along to extend NAFTA to include all
> of the Americas. F&T&A obviously means 'F**k Them All'."
>
> Wow! I must laminate it for my wallet.
[snip]

Please let us not forget the original meaning of "FTA"!

George W Bush *did* grow up in the 1960s, after all!

But he has given the acronym a new twist: F T 3 and 4 star
generAls who are too wimpy to join "the coalition of the
willing" and fight for freedom
wherever Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld feel they
should (and without wasting time preparing for
battle, either!)!

The particular form Bush's FTA takes is Rumsfeld
telling the senior generals to go find more ~willing~ candidates for
top military posts after they submit their recommendations.

    Rumsfeld has a fish bowl on his desk, and he throws
    a coin in it every time he says something nice about
    someone.  He is publicly proud that the bowl is usually
    close to empty.

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Visit my website ==> http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/