On 7/24/02 8:09 AM, "Nick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a 500 MHz Powerbook G3 (a.k.a.Pismo or 2000 edition or Firewire), 256
> Meg RAM, and have hesitated to switch to OS X.  Any comments or personal
> experience would be appreciated from people who made the switch.  I heard
> that under OS X I would not be able to play DVD movies on my Powerbook, is
> that true?

I have the Pismo 400 and have been running OS X since January. I have had no
problems at all. X is more stable on it than it is on my G4 desktop. No
problem watching DVDs but the DVD player in OS X is missing one feature I
really liked in 9. The system will not remember where you left off if you
choose not to finish watching all at once. You have to start from the
beginning. But playback is way better. Otherwise, I can heartily recommend
the switch based on my experience.
Greg