If you can afford it go with a gig of ram it is a huge
improvement. I got my gig when the price was $75
apeace for the 512s now i think it is down to around
$100 now from near $200 a few months ago. I would not
recommend running OS X with less than 512 megs of ram
or at least a min of 256 or 384. But 512 or over is
the best. I have not used OS 9.2.2 on the powerbook
2000 in umm i think 2 or 3 months and just booted into
my desktop in 9.2.2 to run techtools (reminds me i
should do that on my powerbook and then try Drive 10.1
which should be here soon to try the new optimizer
that is built in). Over all i am happy with OS X 10.1
As for the DVD rom drive mine died after warenty ran
out but got it replaced in year extention i got after
it expired from macmall and they replaced the DVD with
no questions asked. Since i got the replacement DVD
drive i only used it once to test it to see if it
worked and one other time atm it sits stored away to
sell with the computer if i decide to upgrade in a y
ear or so. Currently use a Bootable CD RW drive as my
main drive since i use it for trasfuring files from
one puter to the other (use my powerbook at work to
download large software files for upgrades 10000 times
faster than modem and just write to CD RW mini (mini
CDRW - fits in the inside try). I am lookin forward to
10.2 on it even if i do not get the excelleration but
i do not need it on the powerbook since i mainly use
my dual 500 G4 for Photoshop 7 and other stuff.
When Drive 10.1.1 comes i will let u all know how it
works in OS X if you all want to know - interested in
seein the expanded features :o) I dropped using
Nortons all together except anti virus and firewall.
Use techtools and have for ummm 6 years
take care and have a wonderful day were ever you all
are :o)
James

=====
"Israeli politics, as such, was and remains a busy street. You can turn left or right
-- but if you stay in the middle, you might get run over in traffic."

"We talk about the American Dream, and want to tell the world about the American
Dream, but what is the Dream, in most cases, but the dream of material things? I
sometimes think that the United States for this reason is the greatest failure the
world has ever seen."
                - Eugene O'Neill