Personally, I have 128-bit encryption running at home. The router needed a
hex-value put in, with the same numbers to be entered into the iBook. In OSX
thatıs a snap - make the airport menu appear on the menu bar (can't remember
where I turned that on...) and select the name of your access point. It will
then ask for a password. There is a pull-down menu, which I set to 128-bit
hexadecimal, then entered the same number I did with the access point. No
$'s or anything else, just the numbers.

Hope it helps,

Wiebe.