On Monday, March 15, 2004, at 08:41 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

On 15/03/04 11:36, "Zoltan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Monday, March 15, 2004, at 08:28 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

On 14/03/04 13:49, "Zoltan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, have I stumbled on a possible Jaguar bug? Or is my PRAM battery
finally going out in my Pismo? Sometimes, but not all the time, the
items I have turned on to view (shortcuts) in my menu bar disappear
after boot-up. I have to manually go into each program to get the
items back. These are, but not limited to, the shortcuts for iChat
AV,
Bluetooth File Exchange, Internet Connect, Volume Control, iSync,
Battery meter and even the Time and Date indicator! Any suggestions?
I've got the Pismo G3 500, 640 RAM, OS X 10.2.8.

Are you talking about "Menu Extras"? Like the battery icon in the menu
bar,
the date and time, etc.?

-Laurent.

Yes. . .this is in regards to the Menu Extras. . .

Then, I don't think it's related to your PRAM battery. I would think this is
more likely a software problem. Have you tried the same from another user
account? If not, try to create a fresh, new user account. Login to that
account and set your menu extras. Then, logout properly and try to restart.

-Laurent.

Hmmm. . .tried that but now I'm wondering if there's a limit on how many menu extras you can have. . .I've got six up now and now there's no problems. Before I had seven. The two that aren't up now are PeeCee ( a haxie that tells the CPU usage in percentage) and iChat AV's shortcut. . .
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Washington, DC, USA

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |