I am not sure if you are going to be successful in timing this purchase that closely. It is a guessing game and the time you spend waiting could be time you could have spent on your new PB. Also, keep in mind that even if the G5's do come out this year, there are bound to be glitches with the Rev A batch just as there were with the white spots and latches on the first round of the 15" AL PB's.

I bought my 15" Al PB at Christmas and am absolutely thrilled with it. I knew full well that the G5 PB's would be out at some point in the future but was not prepared to wait. I needed and *wanted* a portable system and of course it had to be a Mac. I barely use my 500 mhz iMac now because the PB has become my primary computer.

Will I be envious when the new G5 PB's come out - you bet but I won't regret my purchase for a second. I will have had full use of it for the entire time I would have waited and got it for a great price.

I'd say go and buy the 15" and start enjoying it now.

Amber