On Monday, March 15, 2004, at 08:44 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

On 15/03/04 11:40, "Zoltan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hello,

A friend of mine has to get a PowerBook. . .he can't afford a new one,
so I suggested the best one for the money. . .which is of course the
Pismo.  There is one thing though, he's has several games for PC.  I
mentioned VPC, but I'm not sure just how compatable this is when it
comes to PC games.  Should he just go out and buy the Mac versions of
these games?  Any ideas would be helpful.  He managed to get a 500Mhz
Pismo with 640 meg RAM which, ironically, is the exact one I have.

You don't want to run PC games into VPC. Performance will be awful, even of
the fastest G5. He should buy the Macintosh version of the games he wants to
play. And believe me, even though not all PC games have been ported for the
Mac, there are still plenty to keep you busy for at least one year of
playing full time!

-Laurent.
--

Thanks Laurent! You've been helpful. . .'cause I have no interest in anything PC myself. . .lol!

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |