Hi Tom.

I agree completely. It's actually for this reason I'm looking forward to seeing some of Sam ruby's other lotr eamon games converted to Eamon deluxe. i've played some of them, such as one in which you must enter mirkwood and rescue aragorn from the fortress of Dol guldur, but while his early works were basically action rpgs, his later games became a lot more free form.

For instance, he created one game called Haradwaith, in which you must enter the lands of the haradrim and obtain their army's land and sea battle plans. this not only meant going to parts of middle earth which Tolkien didn't visit in lotr, but also some other tasks, such as equipping an expedition to cross a desert, and even engaging in a sea battle ship to ship.

Middle earth is such a big and diverse world when you considder all the different locations, as well as the close to 18 thousand years of detailed history, that there are so many places and locations to set games, even if you wished to stay firmlywithin established cannon.

Beware the grue!

dark.