Hi,
Well, I do think most of the game of Halo could be converted over to
audio. For copyright issues it probably should be given it's own name,
characters, while keeping some of the basic plot and action.Though, it
should be doable.
Most of the levels in Halo 1 seam rather 2D with the graphics being 3D,
and I don't recall any instances where you have to do allot of shooting
up, down, and other angles outside a 2D field.