From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Charles Rivard
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 11:49 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] I'm appalled!

The issue is that they?? think that they?? now we?? know what's best for us.

Other instances abound.  It used to be that mobility instructors insisted on

giving a cane that comes up to the user's breastbone.  I stride when I walk,

and those short sticks don't give me enough warning of a curb.  The
instructors told me that I walk too fast.  My response?  The cane is to
match my walking pace, not set it.  To walk at my? pace, I need a 60-inch
cane, and I am 71 inches tall.  They! do not know what's best for me.  I, on

the other hand, do.  This is just one reason that I am, and have been, a dog

guide user since 1977, and only use a cane when! I! must!  But the same
principle applies.  In a lot of cases, it's the customer or client, not the
agency, who knows what they want and why, and it's about time the agencies
start listening.

---
"Security is not the absence of danger.  It is the presence of the Lord."