Millipeed would be interesting tom, maybe having the millipeeds make a continuous sound as they zig zagged around from left to right getting closer, which changed according to whether a shroom was in the way, say by becoming muffled would work, or maybe having the shrooms represented by a blip when you where lined up with them but leaving the millipeeds as a pan, ---- sinse if a millipeed did hit a mushroom it would start on the next zig zag down so destroying the shrooms was to your advantage even though it did take more shots.

Possible though with a little design work i think.

Bubble bobble was an odd game. I remember when we first got the amigar, we played the first stage of rainbow islands, a game where two people shot rainbows out of magic wands to defeat enemies, and instantly dismissed it as cutesy but not much else (remember my brother and I were only 12 and 9 respectively).

then, a friend of mine who was a bubble boble fan played rainbow islands to the first boss, and we got hooked, sinse the game design is just fantastic, and the cuteness covers a really major difficulty curve, ---- something I've been able to confirm myself playing original bubble bobble.

i'm particularly sorry i can't get parasol stars for the gba, that was an awsome game! :D.

Beware the grue!