Hi tom.

Fair enough on the muffling issue, however my concern with a targiting beep is that A, it'd make the game too easy, and b, it would simply mean people just lined up a shot, and if they got no beep, got irritated, rather than having to actually try and shoot mushrooms out of the millipeeds path, or destroy long lines of shrooms as was in the original game, sinse keeping your field of fire free and making sure the millipeeds didn't have too much chance to hit shrooms and descend to get you formed quite a part of the game.

I'd suggest myself if muffling wasn't possible, have a targiting blip for mushrooms, say a short bong sound, and then a second for millipeeds, thus, if a player centered a millipeed and there was a mushroom in the way, it would be possible to shoot through it, plus players could spend time destroying mushrooms, with volume or pitch changes on both sounds to indicate whether things were close or distant from you.

then of course, there would need to be danger signals for when the peeds got into your playing area and you had to avoid them, and of course for the dreaded bounsing spider or shroom creating snale, (god I hated those spiders), it would be quite possible though I think and make quite a different audio game, particularly sinse the action in the middle was more about precise shooting and strategically destroying those mushrooms when they got in the way rather than just fast reactions, ---- though dodging those spiders or peeds when they got to the bottom could be fun!

Beware the grue!