On Sunday 13 April 2008 19:30, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> IMHO the emphasis on committer affiliation is misguided. overloading
> the word diversity was also probably a mistake. maybe we need to focus
> on narrower concepts with alternative names.
>
> 1. the incubator should be concerned about the composition of the
> proposed PMC.
>
> 2. for a top level project to succeed, it needs to be able to
> encrourage, recruit and mentor new independent developers.

+1.

Also, my personal and highly subjective interpretation of the (if present)
intent around diversity boils down to one scenario;

* A company pulls the plug for paid developers - will the project survive?

Other cases of dominance have been brought up, such as forcing the company's
will upon the community, rejection to expand the developer community and PMC
membership, and so forth. I find these issues less important, as ASF Members
can (and should) monitor PMCs in general and raise flags to the board if
misuse is happening, and we have been there before and can deal with it.

So, for the case of Tuscany; I am satisfied with the diversity goal, and
encourage Tuscany community with the aid of Mentors to move for graduation.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er