Remy Maucherat wrote:
> I am definitely contributing to Tomcat as part of my employment at
> JBoss. I am not contributing on my own free time to Tomcat as an
> individual at the moment

If you look at the CLA, you'll see that all contributions are made by
individuals, irrespective of motivation or employment status.

> and (as far as I can remember, as it was a while ago ...) have
> submitted a company CLA reflecting that

A CCLA simply authorizes each employee to perform under the terms of their
CLA.

> it is obvious Apache has the notion of company contributions.

Companies authorize individuals where their employment agreement might be in
conflict with a CLA, and companies can provide a Software Grant in the case
where the existing IP is owned by the company.  This applies equally to IBM,
Sun, BEA, Gluecode, DevTech, or JBoss.

None of this is new.  It has been discussed at length, and is fairly well
established.  This is a legal distinction having nothing to do with the
promotional wording of the Jolt awards.

        --- Noel