Martin,

Actually, that's not true.  Releases cannot be vetoed by a -1.  See

If there's a majority approval and at least 3 +1 PMC votes, than it's up to
the release manager to decide whether or not to release.  He can decide to
table the vote based on feedback, if so desired.  (We had this issue in the
release of Velocity 1.5).

WILL