BTW: can the problem become from my video card (ATI Radeon 7500) (Driver: radeon) ?

Because I remember before 1 year one I was using the driver VESA .

and I just saw http://www.bityard.com/article.php?sid=443 :

It's also worth mentioning that the support for the ATI Radeon chipset, while fairly complete, is also very new (as of XFree 4.20) and not as stable as I'd like. I've seen X crash out for no obvious reason twice in the last week. There are also little drawing glitches now and then. Hopefully all of this will improve as the driver matures. Meanwhile, I can live with it.