Eric Livingston ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Does that include work as well? I'm really curious about folks who have
> managed to convert to Linux not just at home (which is far easier) but also
> at work, so that 100% of their own computing time in both work and play is
> done in a linux environment.

Well, my work is at home (I'm not an IT man :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

> I'm really wondering how many folks out there are so fully converted to
> Linux in both work and play that they would literally be unfamiliar with XP,
> for instance, having never used it.

Never touched XP.

> There was a slashdot article a few weeks back that probably planted the seed
> for this question. It was a review of Windows XP by someone who claimed they
> hadn't used Windows even once in six years.

I have stalled on Win98 and don't know much above it.

> I wondered - how many technically proficient people out there could make a
> living and carry on at work and play with computers and *never* use anything
> but linux in 6 years? I suppose if you relaxed it a bit and talked about
> never using Windows (but allowing for Solaris & Mac) it would be easier. But
> I'm curious about folks who literally never touch another OS besides Linux
> in their home and work environments.

As wrote earlier, my use of Win is/was sporadic since many years I was using
OS/2 (btw, I'm sure there are many OS/2 converts in Linux community :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour