On Oct 22, 2003, at 6:02 am, Bill Kenworthy wrote:

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 12:46, Norberto Bensa wrote:
Matt Garman wrote:

Indeed, in this case, O2 is faster than O3. I assumed Debian's gcc
package was compiled with O2, so I just re-merged my gentoo gcc using
O2. I recompiled my program, and now it is back to its better running
time (two or three seconds to load all the records in memory).

Yup. That's why I'm recompiling my whole system with -Os (even gcc, glibc,
kernel, etc.)

Ah, -Os was by *FAR* the slowest!

Arg! I'm in the middle of recompiling my WHOLE kdelibs using -Os at the advice of another poster here.
I really would like a definitive answer here, and don't have the time for multiple recompilations myself.

Stroller.